Jon Buder, aka MadMan2k's photo blog. Visit my website here: jonbuder.com

Tuesday, January 02, 2007


Well, I guess I failed the whole 2006 thing... congrats to everyone who made it. I'm going to keep doing it as a periodic update blog, and I might update the links section if I stop being lazy...

Here's a shot that was kind of an accident... It was half whited out because I can't load my Leica without wasting the first shot, or the film won't stay on the spool and I'll get very frustrated when I realize I was playing pretend photographer at the end of the 'roll'. The store's scanner apparently compensated for the white half by darkening the rest of the picture, and apparently there was enough DR in the film to make it look decent.


I admit it, I miss digital. I'm also having fun playing with B&W, and I don't regret buying the M3 since I do realize that rangefinders are perfectly suited for some of my stuff, and there's no way I'm selling it. Going to buy at least one camera this year, and I'm thinking about the Pentax K10D because I've been impressed with the M42 lenses I've been shooting, and the 31mm limited looks amazing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jon, nice to see you back :) This is an interesting photo.. a bit spooky.

You went to film. I don't think I'd know how to shoot with film anymore.

L2 said...

Welcome back, Madman! Super spooky image...very nice.

Anonymous said...

I like the spooky look. Nice job.

You did pretty good on the 2006 blog.

Now, I stumbled at the finish line and pretty much blew off December. But nice to see you back and posting!